Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bias

I did not feel very comfortable when I read the article " Engineering Knowledge: The Construction of Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence", because the paper is based on the observation of the author herself. Also I do not think some CS engineers/scientists can represent the engineering entity.

Actually this was not the first time I felt uncomfortable when I was reading social&educational papers. Most of the time, I held a skeptical attitude, esp when it comes to qualititive research.

BTW: Human beings are complicated, not like materials. For example, many sci/engr experiments are repeatable in different labs, and the results can be considered universal acceptable. But it is not the case in the human related field. So I think a boundary should be clearly defined when the researchers in the human related field write papers.
blog comments powered by Disqus