Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Questions from this week's reading

1. Women's Ways of Knowing Bloom's Taxonomy provides a new perspective to reexamine the pyramid. I never question Bloom's Taxonomy before because it is like the benchmark to guide the instructional design. I agree with the author that Bloom group put less emphasis on students' actual internalization of knowledge, but I think the new module that presented by the women's group not only fit the adult women, but fit a larger population. We do have shy boys in the classrooms, right? I am wondering why the authors only choose women as the target audience, is it because women are more representative? I would suggest this group could conduct the research in a larger and diverse population to see how this module works. What do you guys think?


2. In Perry's model, how did the author determine the nine positions? or do the nine positions just work as scales? I am also curious how the students identified what positions they are in.

0 comments: