Monday, September 7, 2009

Noddings, chapter 1-4,The aim of education

As far as I know, some people think education is a kind of investment, just like the author says:”so many people think of education as an enterprise that has a specific aim-an ideal person or way of life as its outcome”. When I was in high school, the teachers told us that you would not need to study hard once you had got admitted to college. When I go to the top one university in my country, I found out that I still had to study hard. One day I realized that I had to keep learning all my life if I wanted to accomplish something. There is no end to education. I kind of agree with Deway’s concept of “education-growth”. In my opinion, education lead to the exploration of one’s potential, which is growth. In my personal experience, I think education makes me know who I am and what I am capable of. And education is not an end. Neither is growth. Death is a way of end. Destruction of the whole human being is a way of end.

0 comments: